Thursday, December 10, 2009

More Cute Pics Plus a Scary Mommy Picture



The kids love imaginative play. In fact, they play way, way more with regular stuff around the house than with real toys. In every single home I've visited, I've always noticed that their kids have more toys than ours. I start off feeling a little bad, and then I think, those toys would mostly go unused at our home anyways.

This day they were playing pirates, and I thought it was so cute how they put diapers on their heads and swim pants around their ankles. I'll be writing more about their pretend play in upcoming posts, but I thought these two pictures were so adorable.



The picture below is definitely not adorable. In fact when I showed it to my mom, she said she was a little scared looking at it. Here's the backstory. My head was killing me that day, so I laid down on the couch. I have two kids that love interaction with others and will insist that I play with them, talk with them, and do things with them throughout the day all day long. Actually, they will do independent play for long stretches at time, but then the house is absolutely HORRENDUS unless it is times when Alexa will sing or read for a long while or Jared will play his drums, play with Playdough or his trains or puzzles.

They especially love when I play "Tiger" with them. This involves me chasing them throughout the house being a tiger, growling, dragging them back to my "cave" and "eating" them, or letting them escape. As you can imagine, this can be very physically demanding. They usually ask for this at times later in the afternoon when I'm starting to feel physically drained.

So, as I tried to lay on the couch, they wanted me to play tiger. I told them I just couldn't, that I felt too bad. So they wandered off for a few minutes and then came back with tape. They then started tearing off pieces of tape and putting it all over my  face, ears, neck, eyebrows, eyelashes and even parts of my hair. And you know what? I didn't even care because I was able to lay still with my eyes closed for a half hour. Then, because I couldn't see, they led me upstairs to the office closet, put me inside, burried me in cardboard boxes and put about six hats on my head. And I still didn't mind because I was able to sit still for awhile.


No comments: