Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Nature Hikes While Mommy's Away


This year I was once again able to attend the InHome Conference March 18th-20th in St. Charles held at the Pheasant Run Inn Resort. It was awesome. Some of the presenters I was so blessed to see included John Taylor Gatto, Allison McKee, and Resa Steindel Brown.  

On Friday, I was away from home from 8:00 a.m. until 9:30 p.m.  Then I was gone Saturday from 7:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. The only other time I had ever been away from the kids that long was at last year's conference. It felt so strange to have so much time to be alone, to read a lot, and just to sit still for long period's of time. I definitely needed it, but I'm so glad that it hardly ever happens because I really missed the kids and Steve a lot.

While I was gone, the kids did a lot of fun things with their daddy. On Friday, it was a beautiful, sunny day, so they met up with Steve's parents for a hike at the Graue Mill and to feed the ducks.






Alexa took this wonderful picture below of the rest of the group.



They also went to a playground, visited the library where Alexa read Steve a forty page Amelia Bedelia book straight through, and had lunch at McDonalds.

They next day brought another fun hike, although it was very different from the day before.



Crazy, huh? Sunny skies and light jackets one day, snow and snowpants the next. They were a little disappointed not to spot any deer, but they did seem some tracks.



All in all a great weekend. I had a much needed break and inspiration, and they kids spent a lot of time with their dad, something they really needed lately with all the travel Steve has been having.



No comments: