Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Church Picnic



So, this was the fifth church picnic the kids have been to now. The church used to sponsor pony rides, but I think it started to become too expensive. In past years, there was also catered the food at the picnic, but this year we had a potluck. I brought BBQ beef sandwiches made in the crock pot. I guess it turned out ok. I always have this great idea of making something really unusual and gourmet, but in the end I always go for the easiest thing I can think of to make.

After eating, we walked to the adjacent skate park where the kids had fun running up and down one of the half pipes.

A little while later Alexa and I went over to the game area where they had water balloon tosses, sack races and egg tosses. Alexa looked so so old hanging out with the bigger kids. She stayed with them for quite awhile. I was always within sight, though, so when she started to get a little panicky and looked around for me, I was right there.



Jared didn't want any part of the organized games. He was very, very content to ride his bike in the skate park. We didn't stay long, but I'm glad we came. There's something about coming back to the same place year after year. It brings back memories of years past, and it starts you thinking how things will be at this same place the next year.


No comments: