Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Minnesota Day#2

Despite staying up until 11:00 the night before watching Hook, we were in the pool by 8:00 Tuesday morning. I think Alexa would have stayed in there all day if she could. The pool was ours alone again.

We brought cereal and bowls in the room for breakfast, so we packed the backpack for the day and made our way down to the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden.

The kids were a bit cranky from being tired, but after getting a little juice into them, and insisting they walk for a little bit (our backs were killing us from so much carrying!), they perked up a little to appreciate some of the unique sculptures in the park.

I would have loved to spend a little more time in the time conservatory on the premises, too, especially in the room with the Frank Gerty sculpture of the glass fish (sorry, I can't remember the exact title). 

The flowers in the pool around the fish sculpture were simply gorgeous. 

Since we arrived at the Gardens later in the afternoon, we didn't stay more than an hour when everyone started getting really hungry. We drove to the Mall of America, where we ate a quick lunch and headed to the 7 acre amusement park for some fun.

We bought a pass for around $60, but it turns out we should have only spent $40. Since the kids are still so young, we needed to chaperon on most of the rides, and they didn't charge for chaperons. Oh well. We gave a mom with her daughter our last 15 tickets when we ran out of energy (after ten rides!).

I don't have pictures of Jared's favorite ride - the log ride, but here's a picture highlight of some of our favorites. The last picture was taken on top of the Ferris Wheel. Also, I couldn't help but laugh at how silly Steve looked on the bouncing ride with with the kids. One older lady standing next to me commented on what a great dad he was, and how most dads wouldn't ride with their kids on a ride like that.

We grabbed a pizza on the way to the hotel and ate there. Then we headed down for more swimming, and a movie before bed. It was another tiring day, and it's hard to believe that Steve actually squeezed in several hours of work in around it all, but we have so many wonderful memories from that day.

No comments: