Friday, July 31, 2009

Ty Warner Park



Ty Warner Park has a really nice splash pad for little kids. It was the first time we had visited a splash pad, and the kids seemed excited about it. However, when we got there, they mostly clung to me and didn't want to go in the water. The pictures I was able to take was after being there for about an hour. Jared finally ran across and over this little spout for a while, but other than that they were unimpressed with it. Their cousin really liked it, though.

I don't know if the water was too cold for them or what. They are spoiled with really warm baths, and they haven't had much experience with being in water besides a week in the ocean when they were fifteen months old, the little kiddie pool in the backyard, and the hotel pool when we went to Shara's graduation (which oddly enough they really enjoyed). I know this is something I have to get over, but I've really wanted them to like the water. When I was five, my mom took me for swimming lessons. After putting one foot in the cold water, I refused to go in. I never learned how to swim that well. I guess I could tread water for a while if I needed to, but I didn't want my kids to take after me. Maybe it was just the day and things will be different when they are a bit older.








This was the one week during the summer that we had temperatures in the 90's so Popsicles sounded like a great idea.



Unfortunately, they also made a sticky mess all over our skin!




No comments: