Friday, August 7, 2009

Picture Book Activities - And to Think I Saw it on Mulberry Street



I found a great book online about a year ago called Picture Book Activities. It basically introduces a picture book and suggests different activities that relate to the book. For those of you who are familiar with it, it is similar to Five in a Row. So far, the kids have been very excited about the different activities the book suggests.

This week we read And To Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street by Dr. Seuss. In the book the little boy talks about being in a parade and seeing confetti. I made some pretend confetti and threw it around as they rode their bikes around. We also tied ribbons to the bikes beforehand and they pretended their bikes were floats. I think it's hard to see it in the picture above, but Jared is dragging around a ribbon around the yard.





No comments: