Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Zoo Days


We're really blessed to have a great zoo only five minutes from our house. When the kids were little, I always needed to go with someone else because they'd both run off in two different directions and it would exhaust me. Now, it's still tiring when we get home, but it's much more doable.


Now, I actually prefer going just by my myself or with Steve to the zoo. We can go wherever we want to and take our time.



Jared had so much fun playing with these African dogs. The dog would rub his face against the glass while Jared did the same. If I wasn't suffering so much from these silly allergies, I wouldn't have minded opening up that glass and taking a dog home with us.


We did a spur of the moment zoo trip one Sunday afternoon after church. With our yearly pass we get one free dolphin show and one free tram ride. We already used the dolphin show last year, so we used the tram ride this visit. The tram stops four times, and you can get on and off as many times as you want for the day.


First stop was the children's zoo and brushing the goats.


We stayed on the tram the next stop and took pictures.


We went to the reptile and bird houses on the third stop.  I don't know how much we'll go during the summer because it gets extremely crowded then, but I'm really excited to go a lot in the early fall when almost everyone else is in school. Yeah!


No comments: