Friday, November 20, 2009

Grand Cayman - My Swiss Family Robinson Kids





 I think the thing I loved most about this vacation was just watching the kids play freely on the beach in front of the house. They really looked like little Swiss Family Robinson kids, running up and down the beach looking for treasures, picking up big sticks and dragging them in the sand.

The picture above is a visual reminder to me of what I want their learning to always look like. Independent, yet knowing Mom and Dad are just a little ways away if needed or wanted, Exploring, always searching out new places and things to learn about, Freedom, able to submerge themselves into passions or just skim the surface of things that seem interesting, and Wonder, a deep, enduring curiosity about the world God created.





















For about a half hour, Jared picked all the bark off this stick!


No comments: