Friday, November 20, 2009

Grand Cayman - Vivine's Kitchen



We were so thankful to stay in an apartment when we were on vacation. It was so easy to use the BBQ and grill, or just to cook very simple things and save so much money on food. But, it was also a great treat to check out some of the local food, too.

Vivine's Kitchen boasts some of the best local food, especially on the East End. We were very happy with out dinner. Steve ordered the curry chicken and I had some mahi mahi. It's funny because I ordered the fish because I thought it wouldn't be as hot, but it turned out that I ate Steve's dish instead. Vivine said mine wouldn't be that hot, but it's best not to ask a Carribbean what is not and what's not!



We were the only customers at the restaurant. At least on the inside. The restaurant sits right on the water, so we could have eaten outside if we had wanted, but it was HOT! They didn't have any air conditioning, but there were a few floor fans which was better than nothing.



After lunch, while Steve was inside paying, I took the kids out back by the pidgeon coop. It was just so Carribbean to me. The kids had fun watching the birds. I just had to keep them getting their finger tips bit.





I'm gonna end this post with a picture taken of a prayer wall hanging in the restaurant. I especially love the part written to women.


No comments: