Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Alex'a First Haircut


I've trimmed Alexa's hair before, but she's never had a real haircut.  Jared's come twice to my hairdresser for a hair cut, and Alexa's always been there, too, so I was surprised when she said she didn't want to go to the beauty salon. When I asked why, she said, "Because I'll get sprayed in the face with water." Jared hasn't had a  haircut in at least three months, the hairdresser sprayed his head with water a few times, and we've never, ever brought that up, so I was surprised a small detail like that would make such an impression on her.

So, I was so glad that after Jared's haircut, she marched right up to the chair and actually seemed to enjoy herself, which was a good thing because I spent much of the time chasing after Jared, who kept running into the changing stalls, jumping up on the chairs, and being pretty loud. They both liked the lollipops afterwards. One customer approached me and asked if Alexa was my daughter. She said, "She'd absolutely gorgeous. She's gonna be a real looker when she gets older." Yep. That's what I'm afraid of.

No comments: