Friday, February 12, 2010

Pinecone Birdfeeders


We've been a little interested in birds lately. We read a few books about winter birds, including the Crinkleroot's Guide to 25 Birds You Should Know. The kids seemed excited to make peanut butter pine cone bird feeders when I mentioned the idea to them, so that's what we did one evening.


It went ok, but interest in the project waned half-way through, and then I wound up finishing the pine cones myself. Actually, the bird feeders are still sitting on a plate on the counter, waiting for me to hang them on the bush outside. But, it's great to have the freedom to start a project, decide you aren't that excited about it after all, and know it's ok to drop it. Follow-through and sticking with something are important skills, I agree, but it's important to know that not all projects and ideas have to be stuck with to the end. Just the act of coming up with ideas, even non-so-great ideas, is what is important.

No comments: