Monday, February 8, 2010

Ice Skating


I've always loved ice skating. Not that I've gone that much, but I love watching it on the Olympics and really
wanted to take lessons when I was younger, but I was never able to (now I know why; lessons are expensive!).

We took the kids ice skating for the first time last year, but it was a horrible experience. Not that the kids didn't like it. Alexa loved it. When we'd come off the ice for a little break, she'd start screaming. She just wanted to go and go. It's just we had to wait 45 minutes in line to return the skates, and all the while Alexa, and towards the end, Jared, were having major meltdowns. They were just tired, hot and wanted to go home. Then the place lost my shoes, and I had to go back and search for them.

Well, I'm happy to report that this year things were MUCH different. It was such a stress-free (relatively, Jared did fall down crying once), fun time with the kids, and we had no lines to stand in. They even said they'd like to take lessons. Now that's something we'd have to save up for, but I'd love them to have that opportunity if they wish. We definitely want to come back a few more times this winter, although it's open all year round so we could even come back in the summer.










No comments: