Friday, September 4, 2009

Baker's Square Pie Day



After going on a rare date night out for a quick bite of pie at Bakers Square with Steve, we found a flyer announcing a free make a pie day for kids a few weeks later. On August 11tI went with the kids to make some pies.




As you can see from the pictures, once it was their turn, they were very focused on making pies with the lady that helped them. However, it took 45 minutes of waiting before they even started. When we first came in, they seated us in a booth and said they'd come for us when it was our turn. Then they handed us a menu. Of course, right? It really was a marketing ploy to get you to order something while they made you wait for a while for your turn.

Needless to say, it took quite a bit to keep the kids entertained. They started pulling the blinds, climbing over into the next booths and being really loud. I had to go to the bathroom, and they kept crawling out from under the stall and almost ran out of the bathroom. They were screaming on the top of their lungs while I was going to the bathroom, and I was surprised no one rushed in to see if I wasn't killing them.

Then as soon as we get out of the bathroom, Jared takes off running and I have to chase him all around the restaurant for about five minutes. After some complaining on my part (I know, I should have complained a lot sooner), they took pity on us and called the kids back to make thier pies.
















I think their favorite part was sprinkling the different colored sugar on top.






When we got home, we put it in the oven for about a half hour, and these are what our final creations looked like. They actually tasted very good. Just like a pie from Baker's Square.




No comments: