Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Church Picnic















The day after visiting Lincoln Park Zoo, we went to our anual church picnic. We arrived right as the food was being served, around 2:00, which is an odd time to eat. There were so many bees out! I had forgotton how the bees come out in droves in the late summer. My dad smashed one bee between me his hands which really freaked me out.

After lunch Steve took the kids down to a playground, and I shortly followed with my brother. There were a bunch of older kids at the park, and Jared and Alexa really enjoyed talking with them, especially one boy who was about 12 years old.





























They had a boucing house set up for the little kids while the older kids did some organized activities. The first year we took the kids to the picnic, when they were 14 months old, there were pony rides. I have no idea why they haven't had that for the past few years.

Still, the kids had a great time. Alexa really, really loved pushing Jared down. Jared would just laugh and laugh when she'd do that. Some of the people watching laughed nervously and kept looking at us like we should stop them, but the kids were both laughing, and even though she was a bit rough, it didn't seem to bother him in the least.






















j

No comments: