Friday, September 4, 2009

Sylvester and the Magic Pebble



I didn't get as many good pictures for the activities we did with this book, but it was a fun book for me and the kids. We went on a walk around the block to find "magic pebbles" like the one Sylvester found in the book. This went ok until they decided to run away from me and wouldn't come back. This is a big issue that we're trying to work through. One of them will say, "Quick, Hide!" when I come towards them and then take off running. It's difficult to take them places by myself that aren't somewhat contained because they tend to run away from me at some point and won't come back when I call them. We've been instituting punishments for this lately because no amount of reasoning, requesting or pleading will persuade them to come back to me when I call. Oh, well. It's a work in progress.

Anyways, later that afternoon we painted the rocks and pebbles different colors: red, green, pink and blue. Then we set up bowls, and they really enjoyed separating the rocks by different colors. I didn't know if they'd like that since it's a thing they liked to do when they were much younger, but they still did. It's kinda how they like to bring up their baby board books and look at them again even though we are currently reading Charlotte's Web out loud.





We also read Spinky Sulks by William Steig and Fish is Fish and The Wingdingdilly which are books about being content with who we are.

No comments: