Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Brownie Bake



Jared takes after his father; he has a huge sweet tooth. He'd probably sit and eat an entire huge bag of M&Ms or five or six big pieces of cake at one time if we let him. Needless to say, he loves when I suggest making a sweet treat. Alexa is my cooking helper. She's been cutting up vegetables for pot roast since she was 27 months old. Jared usually doesn't enjoy helping me cook, but he is usually up for baking something sweet.



I haven't made a lot of things from scratch with them. One of my goals for this winter is to make more fresh bread in the bread machine and see if they'd like to help. But we did do a few fun things like make blueberry muffins from scratch when we read Blueberries for Sal when they were two and a half, and made jellyroll like the one in Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad day.











Of course, the very best part about being a baker is tasting your creation!







No comments: