Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My Girly Girl


I have a girly girl. No one was more surprised than me when this happened. See, I'm not quite the opposite of a girly girl, but I get pretty close. I used to wear small earrings, but don't even do that anymore except on special occasions. I only use body spray for special occasions, too. I wear pretty minimal makeup, no accessories, and hardly ever wear nail polish. It's not that I don't like the look, it's just that it takes up so much time that I'd rather be doing other things.
Alexa will probably be the opposite of me. Isn't that how it usually is, though? She LOVES to go through the top drawer in the middle of my dresser, the only I rarely go in, and drag out everything she can find. Last time we visited Steve's parents house, she wanted to try out every single spray and lotion she could find on my mother-in-law's dresser.
We bought her some play make-up for Christmas and I give her the very last parts of my make-up as well. Pretty much every other day she has to do some sort of beautifying treatment.

Here's her painting her nails. She loves to paint hers and whoever else will let her paint theirs as well. Interestingly enough, Jared doesn't seem interested in even trying to put polish on his nails. It could be because he has some sensory issues, but you'd think he'd at least be curious after watching her do it so often. After painting her nails, she went on to paint her whole chest, too. Even after a bath, it took a few days to finally rub off!

Of course the lipstick doesn't just go on her mouth, either. It has to go on her stomach, legs, feet and back, too.

No comments: