Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Everyday Adventures



I just love summertime. Actually, I really like spring and fall as well. I guess I just love the type of weather where you don't have to put on a ton of layers to walk outside and when your nose isn't frozen after being outside for more than ten minutes. I've never been a snowy, cold day person, and I really don't think that will ever change.

Summer is also nice because it says light outside until 8:30 or so, and we can go out and do things outside after Steve comes home and we all eat dinner. It gets so depressing for me in the winter when it's 4:30 and already dark outside. I'm one of those people that really is affected by the amount of sunlight during the day.

Lately Steve and I have been talking about how often we forget to make just our regular, ordinary lives an adventure. Sure, we have taken some nice trips so far this year, and it will get only better in the next few months, but you don't need to go far away to have mini adventures in your life. Even a nice walk to get ice cream at 7:30 on a Thursday evening can be an adventure you'll always remember. Of course, I know that having kids has made little things like this mean so much more. I also get this overwhelming feeling of gratitude that as the kids grow up, our entire days will be ones of exploration and adventure. When I think of all the things we'll get to do around our community, state, and world, it makes me feel humble, thankful, and amazed that God had chosen to bless me this way.







No comments: