Saturday, January 23, 2010

First Sledding Trip of the Year



Last year Steve took the kids sledding a handful of times, but we never went sledding down a hill. It just wasn't a great year for sledding. We had taken the kids sledding down a hill when they were twenty months, but they had fogotten that trip.

So this year, the day after Christmas, our first outing with Steve, we headed for the sledding hill. Before we left, the kids had fun eating snow, shovelling and playing outside.




Quite a few families turned out to take advantage of the newly falling snow. The weather for sledding couldn't have been more perfect. After pulling the kids in the sled up to the top of the hill, Steve took them on their first trip down. It was my turn next, but I'm so bad a fast-moving rides, that even sledding down the hill scared me (silly, I know). Near the bottom of the hill, I lost control of the sled, and we all tumbled out. Alexa was a little scared, but no one cried (including me!)

Here's a few pictures. I was so caught up in the moment, these are they only ones I have of the day.









No comments: