Friday, January 22, 2010

Gingerbread House



Last year I had really wanted to make a gingerbread house with the kids, but we never got around to it. This year when I saw a kit in the store (once again, my gravitation towards all things quick and simple), I bought it on the spot. It would have been really fun to make our own gingerbread and pick out our own candies, but since this Christmas season we'd all (except Steve) had the flu for a few weeks, we've had to scale down our expectations. I guess it's just my expectations since the kids had a blast with this project and couldn't have cared less that is wasn't made from scratch.



The best part of making the gingerbread house was having Steve home with us. We do so many fun things together when he's at work, so it was nice he could be home for this. He suggested the astronauts on top of the house, which of course the kids loved.




No comments: