Thursday, January 7, 2010

Halloween Day



When asked what she wanted to be this year for Halloween, Alexa said a walrus. Ok. Well, not something I expected, but I was determined to find a walrus costume. I looked everwhere. They had walrus costumes for reallly little babies, but nothing for three year olds. The closest I came to finding a larger sized costume was on E-Bay that someone had made, but it really looked too wierd for me to even consider buying. And, unlike my sister, I am NOT good at sewing anything so that option was out.

So, we just took the kids to one of those big commercialized Halloween super-stores and let them choose. And guess what? They chose princess and pirate costumes, the same exact type of costume they chose last year. But hey, they were happy, right?

They really were excited, though, for Halloween. I really played it up a lot more this year than the past by playing the Wee Sing Halloween tape weeks before Halloween, letting them try on thier costumes many times the weeks before the BIG DAY, watching the Garfield, Alvin and the Chipmunks, and Charlie Brown Halloween specials, and making some Halloween treats.

We started out on our block with some neighbors we know. My mom came along dressed in her snow lepoard costume.





Then we headed over to Steve's parent's house to trick-or-treat there with a lot more of the family. Of course, they had to dig right into the candy on the way over.





Then, about ten minutes into the drive, we turned around to see this....



After giving our little pirate a short rest at Grandma and Granddad's house, we went trick-or-treating around thier blocks. My mom, dad, brother, Steve's sister and brother-in-law, and Grandma and Grandad came with. The kids were very, very disappointed not to have thier cousins come with. They were all supposed to come, but little O came down with a fever that morning, and the other cousins said they'd come, but wound up not coming either. Still, we had a wonderful time with the people who were there. I wish I had more pictures to post of the last part of the evening, but I was so distracted I forgot to take that many!

No comments: