Thursday, January 7, 2010

Halloween Walk



When the twins were very little babies, I'd push them around the blocks near our home in our double-stroller. Since we stopped using the stroller when they turned twenty months, I rarely take many walks with the kids by myself. I think I can count on one hand the number of times I went walking by myself with them when they were two. One time it literally took us 45 minutes just to walk around the block beween them wanting to look at every little thing (something good) to dashing away from me across the street (something not too good). They started getting so big that I couldn't carry them both for long periods of time, and inevitably I'd have to hold one kid by the hand, who was screaming away, for the last part of the walk. So, I decided to give up on walks by myself for a while and wait until someone could come with us.

I'm pleased to say that finally, after nearing three and a half, it's not only manageable but mostly pleasurable to take the kids for walks by myself. In fact, this particular walk, which they begged for, will be one that will always stick with me.

We went on our first Halloween Walk. This really just means we walked around a few blocks and looked at Halloween decorations, but to the kids it was a BIG EVENT. I know this is something we will be doing every year from now on.

I've posted a few of my favorite pictures from that day. Enjoy!






No comments: