Saturday, January 2, 2010

Mommy's Birthday



I woke on my birthday, Oct. 9th, to two children excited to give me birthday gifts. First, I opened their card. Jared had scribbled all over the pre-printed birthday message, and he seemed very proud for doing so. Steve wrote their birthday messages for me inside the card.





I had been wanting to visit the Oriental Institute for a while now, so later in the afternoon Steve's parents watched the kids, and Steve and I had a wonderful time checking out Babalonian sculpture, Egyptian scarabs, and Assyrian artifacts. I  highly recommend the audio tour of the Institute's highlights.

Later, after going out to eat, we came home and I blew out the candles on the cake while the kids helped.



I have a feeling my 35th year will be my best yet!

No comments: